Skincare is an essential part of every woman’s life. Every woman dreams of having flawless and radiant skin. The market today is flooded with skincare products, each highlighting their own benefits. Recent research has shown that most skincare products in the market contain harmful chemicals that may lead to serious health issues in the long run. So how do you take care of your skin without havi ng to worry about any of the side effects?
The answer lies in Ayurveda — the natural science based on ancient Indian medicine. The science of Ayurveda is based on treating skin problems from the root. This is done by balancing the bioenergetic forces of the body, also known as doshas .
But how do these doshas affect your skin? Read on to know more.
● Vata (wind): People with high vata are prone to dry and rough skin. Therefore, internal and external moisturisation is essential to maintain smooth and wrinkle-free skin.
● Pitta (fire): Those with high pitta tend to have oily skin, which can further result in acne and pimples. Therefore, products with anti-inflammatory ingredients are suitable for this type of skin.
● Kapha (water and earth): High kapha in the body leads to cold and oily skin. This results in whiteheads, pimples, and water retention. Products with exfoliating ingredients are best suited to treat these skin problems.
Naturally occurring ingredients are enriched with healing properties that help in balancing these doshas and make your skin glow naturally. Much before synthetic products swamped the skincare market, Ayurveda was used to treat all kinds of skin issues. The Ayurvedic range of products by Spawake combines the goodness of natural sea ingredients with ancient Ayurvedic principles and offer skincare solutions without any harmful side effects.
● Shaivala (Laminaria Japonica Extract): Extracted from algae, shaivala is nature’s gift to skin. It’s cleansing properties help in getting rid of excess oil, dirt, and impurities, and therefore unclog pores. The anti-oxidation properties of shaivala help in treating blackheads and pimples. Vitamin B and C present in shaivala is extremely effective in treating pigmentation and uneven skin. It’s packed with nutrients that help in boosting collagen and keeping your skin radiant and glowing.
● Samudra Lavana (Sea salt – Maris salt): Produced by evaporation of sea water or water from salt water lakes, samudra lavana is loaded with minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium. It therefore offers a host of benefits to the skin. The antibacterial properties of sea salt are useful in cleansing your pores and discouraging the growth of bacteria, thus protecting it from acne. It not only balances oil production in your skin but also helps in retaining moisture from within, keeping your skin hydrated.
● Jalamustum (Kappaphycus Alvarezii Extract): The depths of our seas are a treasure house of herbs and plants that are beneficial to the skin. Jalamustum, an extract of red algae, is widely used for skincare. Packed with nourishing properties, this sea extract acts like a moisturising agent and helps in hydrating your skin from within. The anti-ageing properties of jalamustum involve slow skin ageing by inhibiting melanin and reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Its anti-inflammatory properties are beneficial in controlling skin irritation as well.
Nature has provided us with many such ingredients that help in maintaining youthful, supple, and moisturised skin. And now, with Spawake’s Ayurveda Rejuvenating Day Cream and Face Cleanser, you can achieve flawless, glowing skin, naturally.